Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking (Patisserie)
The Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Patisserie is for candidates who want to specialize in Baking and Patisserie. The course will guide the students through the principles of baking and patisserie and how to work in a professional kitchen environment. The course is equally divided into theory and practical and a number of dishes are learned and prepared and students are taught aspects of modern cookery including hygiene and safety. Candidates will be required to display both practical skills and associated knowledge in order to complete the assessments.
What does qualification cover?
The qualification covers food safety and safety at work and the preparation, cooking, and finishing of a wide range of patisserie products
On completion of this qualification candidates may progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts) – 8065-02
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Food Preparation and Cookery Supervision – 8065-04
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery – 7100
3 Months of Delivery ( Classroom training & practical ) + 1 Month of Industrial Training
- Safety at work
- Food safety in catering
- Prepare, cook and finish cakes, biscuits and sponge products
- Prepare, cook and finish pastry products
- Prepare, cook and finish dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish hot desserts and puddings
- Prepare, cook and finish cold desserts
- Assessment Patisserie Principles
City & Guilds, United Kingdom
10th passed and above. Fluency in English language (verbal/non-verbal) required
What qualification will I get?
- Level 3 IVQ Advanced Diploma in Food Preparation & Cookery Supervision
- Certificate of Completion from Tedco Education School of Culinary Arts
How is the course assessed?
- The course is assessed via regular internal examinations both written and practical.
- Final assessment is done by City & Guilds with international standards of exam regulations
Documents required for Registration/Admission
- 2 Photocopies of Adhar Card
- Photocopy of all educational certificates including 10th and/or 12th class mark sheets
- 6 coloured passport-sized photographs
- Residence proof
- Regular campus visits by Reputed Chefs, Hospitality Academicians, Training Managers, Human Resource Managers and L&D Managers from 4/5* hotels from all over India
- Industrial visits to 4/5* hotel kitchens to help the students understand the real-time work environment in the industry
- Opportunity to attend demonstrations of various equipment and cooking techniques by Food Development professionals from brands like Rational AG.
- Complete assistance on international career by industry experts