Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts)
The Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Culinary Arts is for candidates who are interested in a career as a chef. The course will guide the students through the principles of cookery and how to work in a professional kitchen environment. The course is equally divided into theory and practical and a number of dishes are learned and prepared and students are taught aspects of modern cookery including hygiene and safety. Candidates will be required to display both practical skills and associated knowledge in order to complete the assessments.
What does qualification cover?
The qualification covers both safeties at work and in the preparation of food, healthy eating, and special diets, costing and menu planning and the preparation, cooking, and finishing of a wide range of commodities and dishes
On completion of this qualification candidates may progress into employment as a commis chef or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking (Patisserie) – 8065-03
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Food Preparation and Cookery Supervision – 8065-04
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery – 7100.
12 Months: 6 Months of Delivery ( Classroom and Practical ) + 6 Months of Industrial Training
- Prepare food for cold presentation
- Safety at work
- Food safety in catering
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Prepare, cook and finish stocks, soups, and sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish fish and shellfish dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish meat, poultry, and offal
- Prepare, cook and finish vegetables, fruit, and pulses
- Prepare, cook and finish rice, grain, farinaceous products and egg dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish bakery products
- Prepare, cook and finish hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Catering operations, costs, and menu planning
- Assessment Culinary Arts Principles
City & Guilds, United Kingdom
10th passed and above. Fluency in English language (verbal/non-verbal) required
What Qualification Will I Get?
- Diploma Certificate of Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking (Culinary Arts) from City & Guilds, London.
- Certificate of Completion from Tedco Education School of Culinary Arts
How is the course assessed?
- The course is assessed via regular internal examinations both written and practical.
- Final assessment is done by City & Guilds with international standards of exam regulations
Documents required at the time of admission:
- 2 Photocopies of Adhar Card
- Photocopy of all educational certificates including 10th and/or 12th class mark sheets
- 6 coloured passport-sized photographs
- Residence proof
- Regular campus visits by Reputed Chefs, Hospitality Academicians, Training Managers, Human Resource Managers and L&D Managers from 4/5* hotels from all over India
- Industrial visits to 4/5* hotel kitchens to help the students understand the real-time work environment in the industry
- Opportunity to attend demonstrations of various equipment and cooking techniques by Food Development professionals from brands like Rational AG.
- Complete assistance on international career by industry experts
The course fee for 1-year Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking (Culinary Arts) is INR 1,80,000/- (One Lac Eighty Thousand) only. The fee is payable via cash/cheque or online modes.
Return & Cancellation Policy
The registrations for the Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking (Culinary Arts) are open now. If the student submits the registration fee, they can cancel their admission before the batch starts. No cancellation will be considered after the batches start. In case of timely cancellation, the registration fee will be returned within 7-10 days of cancellation.
In case a student decides to discontinue their classes, the fee submitted will not be refunded. Refunds are only applicable in case the registration is in process. Once the students start attending the classes, no fee refunds shall be made.